Tuesday, May 13, 2014

barnyard series (lamb)


As I might have mentioned before, one of my goals for this year is to put together a barnyard animal calendar for 2015. I hope to have sheep, cows, goats, ducks, chickens, pigs, and other farm-related animals (mice and owls too, I think) represented. Do you have any suggestions? I need one per month and maybe an extra one for the cover.

This etegami collage is a spin-off of the lamb image I'm working on for the calendar, and will be going to an old friend in Osaka. The words are from Isaiah 40:11 "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."

9 comments:

  1. How about turkeys? Free range turkeys are magnificent creatures! And a horse, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget those silly looking Guinea Hens with their bobbing topknots! They're the best bug catchers in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pollinators! How about Bees/Beehives? A barn cat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beehive! good idea, Alyssa. I already have a cat calendar in the works; I've been doing a cat calendar every year, and I started doing dog calendars last year. Hmm, maybe the farm calendar needs them too....

      Delete
  4. The colorful divided background works so well on this one Debbie. Makes your sweet lamb pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Llamas! Alpacas! I like the suggestion of bees too.

    Love this one, by the way. Especially the vertical divide in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought of guinea fowl and bees too, and maybe rabbits? The barn cat is also good. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable!

    No farm is complete without a cat and if it's a sheep farm it will need a collie dog. There will probably be mice around in the grain stores and a rabbit in the vegetable patch..

    ReplyDelete