Sunday, April 13, 2014

more bookish inspiration

You know by now, how often my etegami are inspired by the books I read.  And as much as I love rereading the classics (I'm now rediscovering the Complete Words of Charles Dickens),  I also like being introduced to new authors.

A few weeks ago, a journalist friend of mine recommended All That I Am by Anna Funder, so I immediately downloaded the book onto my Kindle.

From the very first page, I knew I had entered waters too deep for me. I struggled through half of the book before I finally became absorbed enough in the story to forget the passing of time. Yet, to my own surprise, long before I started enjoying the book, I had highlighted over a dozen passages that had leaped out at me and begged to be made into etegami. This is one of them. In time, I'm hoping to do justice to the rest.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to read of another Dickens fan. I reread A Christmas Carol recently, and was struck by the real elegance and wit of Dickens' prose. Have you made any work around his writing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. But I have notebooks filled with passages that I hope to illustrate in the coming months. : )

      Delete