Sunday, March 9, 2014

a snake, a proverb, and a bit of accidental irony

I had an unfinished snake etegami left over from making new year cards for 2013, the year of the snake. So I wrote the words of a Japanese proverb and added it to my long-neglected Japanese Proverb series. 

Translated literally, the words say "let yourself be wrapped up by what is long," and it means that the safest course of action is to do whatever the person in power (your boss, for example) wants. 

It's a proverb I've never illustrated before, because it irritates me. I've decided to leave it uncolored for the time being. It will soon be on its way to a Postcrosser in the Ukraine. Oops, I just realized the irony of that. Hmm, maybe I'll send it to the Postcrosser in the Netherlands instead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment